Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Putting myself back on the list.

   What a crazy week!! My brother and his sweet family were here from California for several days. My 13 yr. old broke his collar bone which cost him the rest of this football season. He is 6ft. tall 180lbs and played center, punter, kickoff, and defensive end. He was heartbroken but we are dealing with it. My 11 yr. old just had a huge birthday party that we are still recovering from. My Boxer,(Spodie) has managed to infest my house with fleas, I think we have got it licked this time...3 bombings later. When my husband isn't working he is online looking at the Auburn website or he is sitting in front of all the ESPN's. There is cooking, laundry, cleaning, school, football, baseball, basketball, boy scouts, church, bills bills bills and my Papa. My grandfather is in the advance stages of Alzheimer's disease. I stay with him during the week some when my Mema needs a break (which is everyday).
   So, I'm sitting with my Papa yesterday watching Oprah who had Wynonna Judd on. As they talked about all of Wynonna's troubles she made a statement that made an alarm go off in my head. "Somewhere along the way, I forgot to put myself on the list."  I thought, Amen sister! Between my kids and all their extra curricular activities, my husband, this house, my family, and my friends I never have any time for me. I sort of think I don't deserve it, after all I don't have a job. But I do have a job...right? I just don't get paid for it. I don't even get a thank you for it. The only thing I hear is what else needs to be done, what I didn't do, and what I should do. Well today I am putting myself back on the list.....right after I help my friend make some signs for the homecoming parade. ;)
Christopher's 1st and last game, he was captain.

Burke sliding down the 30ft. slide at his birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment