Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jocks and Derelicts and Rainbows OH MY!

    Being in middle school is really where you start to choose what type of crowd you are going to hang out with. Band geek, jocks, computer nerds, skaters, derelicts, and so on. Well somehow my 13 year old has managed to fall into all of the above. He plays the drums, football, basketball, baseball, he is on the robotics team, he skates (on occasion), and last but not least he is a first class derelict! Dip cup upstairs by his bed, naked girls on the computer, and at 2:30 this morning he and his friend were no where to be found!! Are you serious? I called his phone and they came right home, claimed they were walking around the neighborhood. What could they have possibly been doing? Just getting a little exercise, right? OMG!!! Am I really ready for this? Isn't there a place where I could drop him off till he is 18?
     I hope Sean is living it up in Auburn this weekend. Apparently he is, $125 at the grocery store and $150 in cash, damn that's a lot of beer and chips. I just bought groceries for the week and spent less. You know, I would be happy with a night by myself in a hotel room. Just me and the black out curtains. Especially after I washed all the kids AE shorts with black ink last night. That's right, every pair and two pair of Sean's Columbia shorts, ruined. I don't think the wine is gonna do the trick this weekend,  I better switch to something stronger....like Xanax! Oh well, in the words of my Papa...."You just gotta get to that rainbow...and then if you can get to the end of it, well then that's where you'll be, and then it will all be alright." Nothing like the wisdom of an Alzheimer's patient. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment